Is Paypal A Necessity For Online Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

calspider

I have a website where customers pay me for my products and have this feeling that since i have put paypal on my website my sales increased. Do you think that paypal can make the customers more comfortable and therefore can help in increase of sales.

So if my feeling is right then is paypal a Necessity For an Online Business as it can help you increasing sales.

I'm not a big fan of PayPal, but I do believe accepting it will help increase sales. It's respected by buyers online. There are other ways of accepting payment other than PayPal. It's the second best right behiind having your own merchant account.

Having paypal as a method of payment on your website will definitely increase your sales. Paypal is the most widely used online money processing method, so not having it would be very inconvenient to most of your customers and that would not help with sales. I know that I personally only buy from websites that have Paypal enabled, because I prefer using it over a credit card online.

Especially with everyone so worried about identity theft and such now. People are more likely to use paypal because it is the same as using your credit card if you have everything set up through paypal. You do not have to give the site your information you just log in through paypal they take care of everything for you. The question is why wouldn't you put it on your site?

I'm not a big fan of PayPal, but I do believe accepting it will help increase sales. It's respected by buyers online. There are other ways of accepting payment other than PayPal. It's the second best right behiind having your own merchant account.

Absolutely agree

I would say yes. Paypal is always a necessity for good online business. Paypal is the most common online payment method. Freelancers always rely on Paypal.

Many online traders and buyers use Paypal. I think if you're really looking to get very far you'll need Paypal. Although you can do just fine without it.

It's a necessity if you're a small business or individual. At some point, it becomes smarter to have your own merchant account. The advantage that Paypal offers is that you don't have to meet the higher qualifications (and costs) of having your own merchant account.

PayPal is pretty much the biggest online payment method other than credit cards, so yes, I think it is a very, very good idea to accept PayPal payments for your online business. It has its ups and downs, but it gets the job done.

I'm not really a fan of PayPal too but I do recognise how widely used it is these days and yeah, it's more secure than using my card. I'm absolutely paranoid about using a card with the internet, even though I have a debit card. It's just technology can be scary these days.

It isn't a requirement, you can always use 2checkout as a bypass for PayPal, however, it is highly-recommended that you do use PayPal as most online-shoppers now prefer this, unless you are a very well-known company, such as Amazon, where people feel safe giving their card details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back