Hidden Text

Michael

Use of Hidden Text in a web page is consider as Black hat spam technique and a violation of search engine guidelines.
Hidden Text means to use the text color same as background color so that it can not be read easily by the users.

Hidden text back in the day was also used for keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing was basically when you stuff so many keywords on your page, but the human eye cannot see it. People would make the color of the text the same as the background color, make the text so small that noone could see it, but Google eventually got rid of that. Hidden text is very easy to find now.

Never use any methods which are Black Hat. Google and others have realized many of such hacks and have taken stern actions against websites which have followed them. For me, I have and will never ever use any of the Black Hat SEO methods. And as such, the Hidden Text is out of question for me.

Hidden text is also known as “invisible text” or “fake text". Hidden text is often used for spamming the search engines. But many smart search engines, such as Google can detect the use of hidden text. To give a simple definition, hidden text is text on a Web page which is visible to search engine spiders but not visible to human visitors.

Hidden text back in the day was also used for keyword stuffing. Keyword stuffing was basically when you stuff so many keywords on your page, but the human eye cannot see it. People would make the color of the text the same as the background color, make the text so small that noone could see it, but Google eventually got rid of that. Hidden text is very easy to find now.
hidden text and keyword stuffing both are different terms. In hidden text, we hide the keyword from the users, while in keyword stuffing, we use too much keyword with in a page.

Back